Monday 15 June 2015

The Best Eyelash Curler!


You're probably thinking 'What's so special about an eyelash curler? An eyelash curler is simply just an eyelash curler.'

At first I wasn't really bothered about them and thought what's the difference? They all do the same job. Until one day I accidentally nearly yanked off some of my lashes because they got caught on the curler I was using. I then thought it was finally time to invest in a better one that would actually last and be comfortable to use.

I went online and googled 'best eyelash curler' and the one by Shu Uemura came up. I had never heard of that brand before so I read some reviews and watched some YouTube videos. It had a lot of positive reviews and it was said that it would work well with Asian eyes so I thought why not give it a go?



I have to start by saying that it is one of the best eyelash curlers I have ever used. I have been using it everyday (whenever I put mascara on) for around six months now, so I thought it would be a good time to share with you the reasons to why it has worked for me, bearing in mind I have short straight stubborn lashes that usually refuse to stay curled.

It fits nicely on the eye so I am able to get to the base and curl all my lashes, even the ones that don't want to be curled and hide right in the corner. It gives my lashes a natural curl compared to others which can leave a dent and make them shoot straight up, looking unnatural so the whole world knows you tried to curl your lashes. The curl lasts all day long which is amazing even with a few coats of mascara on them.

The curler itself feels very sturdy and comfortable to hold giving you full control. I feel confident when I am clamping down my lashes as it feels comfortable and I don't need to put that much pressure on it. For the months I have been using it I have not once got my lashes caught on them which is great, fingers crossed it stays that way!

The silicone pad feels durable and good quality as I have been using the same one since I bought it and it is still in tact. It comes with an extra pad but the sad thing is that you unfortunately cannot repurchase them separately which is annoying. Let's hope the ones provided last a very long time!

The curler costs £20 and you can purchase it online or at any department store. I remember as I was walking into Selfridges, I was thinking 'Am I really going to spend £20 on something so simple?'. It is pretty pricey for a tool that does such as a simple job but it really does make a big difference and I certainly don't regret buying it!


No comments:

Post a Comment