Wednesday 17 June 2015

The Best Cake Shop in Chinatown


For me, a trip to Chinatown is never complete without a little visit to my favourite bakery, Golden Gate Cake Shop. It's a small and cosy shop that has beautifully made traditional Chinese cakes. I can just stand there looking at their display for ages and admire the beautiful designs. The cakes not only look amazing but they also taste delicious!


My family and I have been coming to this bakery for over ten years now and they have always been consistent with the quality of their cakes. They have a wide selection of cake designs for you to choose from for different occasions and you can personalise them too. 

Their cakes are made in store with fresh cream and fruits. They're not too heavy but light, fluffy and airy. They're not overly sweet either which is good as this means you can have a cheeky extra slice without getting that sickly sweet feeling afterwards. The reason why I always end up coming back to this particular bakery is because they never fail to impress me and the prices are reasonable too.

Not only do they do whole cakes but they also have other sweet treats like tarts and slices of different flavoured cakes such as cappuccino, chocolate mousse and strawberry. I would highly recommend the simple fruit sponge one as it's my favourite, plus it has fruit pieces in the sponge so it tastes fresh and healthier! I couldn't help but pick up a few slices the other day when I was passing by. 


For those who haven't got a sweet tooth, you'll be glad to hear that they also do a wide range of savoury cakes and buns which also taste delicious. My all time favourite has to be the char siu bun which I can't get enough of!

If you're in Chinatown and feeling peckish, why not pop in and grab something!

 It is definitely worth a visit!

What is your favourite cake shop?


No comments:

Post a Comment