Tuesday 23 June 2015

Sì, Giorgio Armani


It has been a while since I have come across a perfume that I have really liked. I'm not normally too fussed with perfumes but I am usually drawn to sweet scents. I came across Si by Giorgio Armani when I was browsing around for a birthday present and was given a sample. I instantly fell in love with it and knew it was going to be one of my favourites. A few weeks later, I went and bought it!

I was intrigued by the name of the perfume and love the story behind it. 'Si' means 'yes' in Spanish and the fragrance is dedicated to femininity, to the strong beautiful woman who says yes to challenges in life, to courage, love and dreams. This makes it a very feminine and elegant fragrance.

At first it smells fruity with blackcurrant as one of the top notes. It is sweet but not to the level where it is unbearable but is fresh and uplifting. Once it settles, the hint of rose comes through which brings sophistication and elegance. The floral notes are subtle which is really nice because I'm not really a fan of strong floral scents as they remind me of the dreaded hay fever season. You are then left with warm musky undertones which include vanilla that lingers nicely on your skin throughout the day. 

Whenever someone wears this perfume, I instantly recognise it because there's something unique and special about it. It's very different compared to others which usually smell quite similar to one another. 


I also love the packaging. It is in a clear glass bottle which is simple but classy at the same time. It looks and feels quality. 

I find it rather interesting how a particular fragrance can create certain images or trigger certain memories in your life. Funnily, I have a perfume that reminds me of scary job interviews. However, with Si, I am reminded of those bright warm sunny days where you're taking nice walks in the park on freshly cut bright green grass. It is definitely a summer fragrance for me.  

Have you tried Si?

What do you think of it?

No comments:

Post a Comment