Tuesday 30 June 2015

Nail Polish: Drugstore Nudes


Have you ever been in that situation where you want to paint your nails but you're not too sure which colour to go for? You just want a bit of colour but also want to keep it natural. You want something you can wear for at least a week and not get bored of it. Well, what I usually do is go for a nice nude shade.

Nude coloured nails have always been an all-time classic and can be worn during any season which is what I love about it. They're natural looking, fresh, sophisticated and can go with literally any outfit for any occasion.

There are different shades that suit different types of skin tones. Here are five drugstore ones from my nail polish collection and I'm pretty sure there is at least one that would suit you.

I have applied a base coat (the Barry M one which I previously did a post about) which creates a nice base for better application. I then only applied one coat of each nail polish so you are able to see whether they're opaque or sheer with just one layer, and how glossy the finish is. Normally with a base coat, I prefer one coat of the nude colour as I don't like the feeling of too many layers on my nails. However, if you want more colour then apply two coats.


Max Factor: Desert Sand, £5.99

This one has a creamy tone to it. It is sheer enough for the tips of your nails to be visible so it gives you that manicure look. It's almost like wearing clear nail polish but with a subtle hint of colour which enhances your nail colour. It gives you a natural and clean look and a glossy finish. However, this one takes the longest to dry.


Barry M Gelly: Lychee, £3.99

This is more of a beige tone nude. The most opaque compared to the others. It has a very glossy gel like finish. However, due to the formula being quite thick, it takes longer to dry. If you're not bothered with a base coat, apply two coats of this to get the full effect and to get rid of any imperfections and streaks and you're good to go. I haven't been wearing this much as I feel that it doesn't really suit my skin tone.


Rimmel: Let's Get Nude, £2.99

This one is a medium tone nude. One coat gives you a very neutral colour that blends nicely with your natural nail colour. Compared to the others, it dries the quickest and has a nice glossy finish. 


Maybelline: Latte, £2.99

This is a neutral creamy nude. It is similar to the Max Factor one but has a hint of pink in it. It goes on like a dream and literally just needs one coat for that natural look. It has a glossy finish and dries super quick too. This is my favourite one out of the five as I feel that it suits my skin tone more. I love this colour so much I'm actually on my second bottle!


Maybelline: Love this Sweater, £2.99

This is another one from Maybelline but has a pinky tone to it. I would describe it as a muted pinky taupe shade. 

I feel that the ones by Maybelline last the longest (5-7 days) compared to the others with the Max Factor one chipping the quickest. However I usually finish my nails off by applying a clear top coat for extra gloss and longer lasting nails. 

Are you a fan of nude nails? If so, which one is your favourite?


No comments:

Post a Comment