Tuesday 14 July 2015

Maybelline Dream Fresh BB Cream Review


I bought this BB cream by Maybelline quite a while ago, used it once and threw it back into my drawer. A few months later I decided to give it another shot, and I haven't stopped using it since.

My skin type is combination so I would sometimes get dry patches around my cheeks which happens more during the winter, but then I would also get oily on my t-zone too. But most of all, I have really sensitive skin so it is hard to find products that wouldn't irritate my skin. I am going to dive straight in and explain why I have enjoyed using this BB cream so much. 


It is fragrance-free so it doesn't irritate my skin. I always prefer make up products that don't have perfume in the ingredients. I don't really see why it would be necessarily.

It is really natural looking and perfect for everyday use. It doesn't give you that cakey look but blends nicely into your skin tone making it look like you're not wearing much makeup.

It's quick and easy to apply and is very blendable. I just apply it with my fingers, the same way as I would apply a moisturiser, but you can use a brush if you prefer to. Using this BB cream saves so much time, I literally just slap it on my face and go! (Ok, that's a lie, I do my brows, and eyes and then go! I would look lost without my brows!) 

The consistency is thin and watery so it feels nice and light on the skin. It feels hydrating and it's got SPF 30 so you don't need to worry about being in the sun. It lasts all day and doesn't dry up.

However, after a few hours it can get a bit greasy, it makes me look shiny but I guess a dust of powder on top can easily solve that. I've been using a really good powder which I will be posting about next!

Since it is a BB cream, it doesn't give you heavy coverage but it does lightly cover blemishes, redness and those small annoying marks that are left from spots. It brightens up your skin giving it a healthy glow. If you want more coverage you'll have to apply a second layer. I'm always happy with one layer as I don't like the feeling of thick makeup on my face, especially during the summer when it's just an everyday look. I just use a concealer to cover any spots and dark circles.

I think BB creams are a nice alternative if you're not a fan of using foundation but you want some coverage.

In the UK, it's available in two shades, light and medium in Boots and Superdrug for £7.99.

If you are a fan of BB creams, which one are you currently using?



No comments:

Post a Comment