Saturday 25 July 2015

Soap & Glory: One Heck of a Blot

Could this possibly be the best powder ever?




Don't you just hate oily skin? I mean of course I like radiant dewy skin that looks healthy and glowy but it's a different story when your face just looks greasy, as if you've just moisturised it with cooking oil. Well, I think I may have just found the best powder! Soap and Glory's One Heck of a Blot!

I have been using Rimmel's Stay Matte powder for ages and don't get me wrong, I still love it and occasionally use it, but there's just something about One Heck of a Blot! I have been using it for around four months now after my friend recommended it (thank you, you know who you are!) and it has become one of those products I can't live without!


I have an oily t-zone and my face tends to get quite shiny during the day especially during the summer. It's quite frustrating when you think your make-up looks fine but then a few hours later (sometimes even less than that!) it starts to slip and slide. I have to say this powder is truly amazing as it really does the job of controlling shine and absorbing oil. 

It really does give your skin a 'traceless, smooth velvety finish'. It is a very lightweight powder so you can't feel it on your skin. It doesn't settle into dry patches and pores so it doesn't make you look cakey. The worst thing is when you have dry skin and an oily t-zone so you apply powder to take away the shine but you later end up with cakey patches on your face!



It comes with a small sponge applicator which I find useful so you can press the powder on to lock in your makeup. However, I also like to use my Real Techniques powder brush which also does a great job.

The lasting power is really good, I usually just have a touch up or two during a long day. What's great is that it doesn't build up and go cakey even after a few touch ups.

There is no need to worry about which shade to choose as it is translucent so it would suit all skin types. 

I think the packaging is cute and the mirror is the perfect size too. It is something that I definitely need to keep in my handbag! I have enjoyed using it so much that I recently bought a second one as a back up so I always have one in my handbag as I sometimes tend to leave it at home.

Overall I guess at £12, it is quite an expensive powder considering it is a drugstore product but from my point of view, it is definitely worth it! The good news is that it is often on offer in Boots, either on the 3 for 2 offer or the buy one get second half price offer so definitely check it out! 


No comments:

Post a Comment