Saturday 7 November 2015

Blistex Lip Balms


It's a dull, gloomy, wet and windy Saturday afternoon in London and I'm in my comfy oversized clothes munching on a Crunchie bar as I type this...

Here's a quick post on two lip balms from Blistex which I have found to be quite amazing when it comes to soothing dry and chapped lips.

Firstly, we've got the Medplus lip balm which contains jojoba oil, cocoa butter and menthol. It has a medicated scent and once applied, it has a slight tingling feel on the lips which shows it's working its magic, transforming your lips from chapped to smooth and hydrated lips. I apply it in the morning and whenever I need to during the day. It also works great when you apply it before bed as it restores your lips overnight making them feel nice and healthy again (sounds like some kind of serious and technical process). 

Secondly, we've got the Daily Lip Conditioner which contains olive oil, grape seed oil and aloe vera. It does the same job in keeping your lips soft and hydrated. It also has a slight tingling feel when you apply it but has a sweeter scent compared to the Medplus. Both lip balms do not feel heavy, greasy or sticky on the lips but feel light and moisturising. They both have SPF 15 which is an added bonus (as you all may know, it can often get extremely hot and sunny (California style) in London, haha!).

Which one do I prefer? 

I do love them both. I normally use the Medplus when my lips are extra dry and need rescuing, but only use the Daily Lip Conditioner when I just want to keep my lips protected and moisturised. However, I don't think I would be able to survive without the Medplus, I feel that it keeps my lips moisturised for longer. I rely on it so much that I have one at home and one in my bag all the time. 

After seeing the word 'lips' floating around in nearly every sentence of this post, the word itself is starting to look weird. Enough of 'lips' for now!

Also, I've just checked online and both lip balms are currently on offer in Boots!


No comments:

Post a Comment