Wednesday 10 February 2016

Red Nails, Matte vs Glossy


As some of you may know it was Chinese new year on Monday the 8th of February and we welcomed the year of the monkey. During the celebrations you will often see a lot of red; red decorations, red clothing and red envelopes. This is because the colour red symbolises luck. As cheesy as it may sound, I decided to pop some red onto my nails.

However, I wasn't sure on whether to go for classic glossy red nails or matte nails. I recently found a new love for matte nails so I thought I'd test it out to see which looked better. I decided to go for a nice deep red berry shade by Barry M called Raspberry. As always I applied a base coat and then just one coat of the red shade. It looked amazingly glossy with one coat which I found to be pretty impressive!


I then finished with Barry M's matte top coat which left it with a nice satin like feel. I still haven't quite decided whether I prefer matte red nails or not, although I was highly drawn to how lovely they looked when they were super glossy. 

Whether matte red nails are for you really depends on what look you're going for, how long your nails are and what shade of red you like. It may look nice on a darker red but not so much on a lighter red. Or maybe red is just better off glossy? What do you think?


1 comment: