Wednesday 26 August 2015

Columbia Road Flower Market

I recently went to East London's flower market on Columbia Road, which I think is the perfect place to spend your Sunday morning if you're obsessed with flowers like I am! As soon as I arrived, I didn't know where to look, it was like a sea of flowers. It was quite overwhelming because everything was so bright and colourful! Being surrounded by such beautiful things, I obviously had to bring out my phone to take a few snaps!


There were so many different types of flowers which included hydrangeas (my all time favourite!), peonies, sunflowers (which I find look quite scary for some reason), cyclamens, kalanchoes, even banana plants (quite interesting!) and so much more!


The East End banter between the market traders created a lively and loud atmosphere which made the experience of being there even more enjoyable. You could hear them chant 'two for a fiver!' as you squeeze through the crowds.


It was quite hard deciding what to buy! I was so tempted to leave with a few bunches of flowers but I managed to control myself and only bought pink cyclamens and an orchid! I've been wanting an orchid for ages! 


The flower market is open every Sunday between 8am to 2pm. If you want to avoid huge crowds and grab the nicest and most fresh looking bunch of flowers, get there early! However, you can hang around until closing time to grab the best bargains!  


As August is coming to an end, I hope you have had a nice summer! Now bring on autumn and winter! 
 

2 comments:

  1. When can we see more of your blogs?
    Great blog on the flowers @Camdenmarket

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Arslan! You'll see more soon! :)

      Delete